Doctors in Srikiran Institute of Ophthalmology
Dr. S. V. Ramana Rao- M.B.B.S. (General Physician)
Completed MBBS from Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada in 1966
Did Courses in Anesthesiology, Underwater Medicine and Aviation Medicine at A.F.M.C., PUNE, Naval Institute (Ashwini Naval Hospital, Mumbai) and Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bangalore
1. Worked in Army Medical Corps – All over India and Abroad in Naval wing and took Premature Retirement after 18 years of Service.
2. Worked in a Poly Clinic in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Eastern Province, for 27 years and as a Medical Director of the Clinic.
Dr. Madhu Uddaraju - M.B.B.S., M.S., (Ophthalmology), F.I.C.S
Medical Director – Administration
Chief-Cornea & Refractive Surgery Services
Medical Director Badam Balakrishna Eye Bank
Secretary – Andhra Pradesh ISMSICS State Chapter
- Completed his MBBS from JJM Medical College, Davangere.
- Completed his Basic Course in Ophthalmic diagnostics in LVP-Zeiss International Academy, Hyderabad.
- Worked as an observer in comprehensive ophthalmology in L.V.Prasad Eye Institute, Vishakapatnam
- Worked as a Clinical Research Coordinator at L.V.Prasad Eye Institute.
- Completed his M.S in Ophthalmology from Narayana Medical College, Nellore with his Thesis on Microbial Keratitis which was selected by Academic and Research Committee of Andhra Pradesh State Ophthalmological Society for the Research Scholarship award and Grant.
- Completed his Cornea Fellowship at Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai under Dr. M.Srinivasan & Dr. N.Venkatesh Prajna
- Completed his Femto Lasik Accreditation course at Singapore National Eye Center, Singapore in 2014
- Completed the Sightlife International DSEK skill transfer course in 2015 and Observership under Dr Samar Basak, Disha Eye Hospitals, Kolkata for lamellar surgeries.
- Initiated the cornea fellowship training program at the institute and have trained 4 long term and 4 short term cornea fellows in the past 4 years
- Have developed an indigenous slit lamp attachment, Corniview for donor tissue evaluation with the help of in house biomedical engineering department that is marketed by Aurolab, India
AWARDS AND ACADAMICS
- Participated in the Recombinant Human Collagen Biosynthetic Cornea Project as an international visiting Scholar in Linkoping University,Sweden under Prof.May.Griffith and Prof.Per Fagerholm.
- Done a preceptorship in limbal stem cell based therapies in ophthalmology under Prof.Graziella Pelligrini and Dr.Virender Sangwan.
- Underwent Surgical training in SICS and PHACO in L.V.Prasad Eye Institute.
- Presented 42 free papers, 24 posters and E-Posters in AP state conferences, National Conferences and International Conferences.
- Served as a Conference-coordinator for the 35th APOS Meeting.
- Delivered an instruction course on Limbal stem cell deficiency in 36th APOS meeting, Guntur in 2012.
- Delivered an instruction course on Smear Guided Anti-Microbial Therapy in 37th APOS Meeting, Warangal in 2013.
- Delivered and instruction course on Cornea Diagnostics in 38th APOS Meeting, Rajahmundry in 2014.
- Graduated on behalf of Andhra Pradesh state for the AIOS national leadership development program in 2013.
- Delivered two instruction courses on Microbial keratitis and Limbal stem cell diseases at Southern Region Ophthalmic Conference at Tirupathi 2015.
- 2015 SROC best poster award for study on fungal keratitis epidemiology.
- Delivered a talk on Microbial keratitis as a guest faculty at Annual Corneal Society of India meeting at Kolkata 2015.
- Won the APOS Vishnuvardhan best anterior segment free paper award 2016.
- Won the APOS G R Reddy best free paper of the conference award 2016.
- Won the APOS Raghavachar best free paper award 2017.
- Won the APOS Vengalrao best free paper award 2018.
- Published 7 Articles in International Peer Reviewed Journals.
- Pradhan, Sayali & Uddaraju, Madhu & Mascarenhas, Jeena. (2016). Unusual course of microsporidial keratoconjunctivitis as an occupational hazard in a veterinary physician. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology / Journal Canadien d’Ophtalmologie. 51.10.1016/j.jcjo.2016.04.012.
- Uddaraju, Madhu & Mascarenhas, Jeena & Ranjan Das, Mano & Radhakrishnan, Naveen & D Keenan, Jeremy & Prajna, Lalitha & Prajna, Namperumalsamy. (2015). Corneal Cross-Linking as an Adjuvant Therapy in the Management of Recalcitrant Deep Stromal Fungal Keratitis: A Randomized Trial. American journal of ophthalmology. 160. . 10.1016/j.ajo.2015.03.024.
- Uddaraju, MadhuKeenan, Jeremy D. et al American Journal of Ophthalmology , Volume 160 Issue 3 , 617 – 618
- Uddaraju, Madhu & Mascarenhas, Jeena & Das, Manoranjan & Venkatesh Prajna, N. (2015). A Case of Bilateral, Multiple, Symmetric, Concentric Ring-Shaped Opacities in the Cornea. JAMA ophthalmology. 133.10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2014.5379.
- . Shah, Vedang D. MS; Uddaraju, Madhu MS; Singh, Amitabh MD; Das, Rashmi Ranjan MD Clinical Profile, Etiology, and Outcome of Infantile Ocular Trauma: A Developing Country Perspective.Pediatric Emergency Care: Post Author Corrections: June 20, 2017doi:10.1097/PEC.0000000000001209
- Ujwala S. Saboo, Devi Penke, Avinash Mahindrakar, Madhu Uddaraju, Chandrasekhar Sankurathri, Xin Gong, Chao Xing & V. Vinod Mootha Exome sequencing reveals novel homozygous FOXE3 mutation in microphthalmos with staphylomatous malformation Ophthalmic Genetics Vol. 38, Iss. 3,2017
- Gudiseva Hemalatha, Uddaraju Madhu, Pradhan Sayali, Das Manoranjan, Mascarenhas Jeena, Srinivasan M, Prajna N Venkatesh Ocular manifestations of isolated corneal bee sting injury, management strategies, and clinical outcome. Year : 2018 | Volume: 66 | Issue Number: 2 | Page: 262-268
AREAS OF INTEREST
Non resolving Microbial Keratitis, Collagen Crosslinking and Femto Assisted Keratoplasty.
Dr.Avinash Mahindrakar - M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., F.R.C.S., Fellowship In Ocular Motility and Gen. Oph.
Medical Director, Oculoplasty, Squint, Pediatric and Phaco Surgeon.
- Completed his MBBS from Osmania University in 1996.
- MD – Ophthalmology from AIIMs, New Delhi in 2000
- DNB Ophthalmology from National board of Examinations in 2000
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 2002
- Senior Residency in Oculoplasty, Pediatric Ophthalmology & Tumors from AIIMS, New Delhi from 2000 to 2003
- Fellowship in Ocular Motility and General Ophthalmology from Royal Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital – Melbourne in 2009
- He has experience of 11 years and worked at various Prestigious institutes like AIIMS, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital – Melbourne as a senior resident and as consultant at Lions Charitable Eye Hospital for 4 years and Seven Hills Hospital – Visakhapatnam for a period of Five years Six months.
- With his teaching experience he is guiding and mentoring the aspiring DNB students. And upon joining the institute he has performed many Squint, Oculoplasty surgeries, Ptosis and trauma surgeries like lid tear and others.
- Effectivenes of Mitomycin C in reducing reformation of adhesions following surgery for restrictive strabismus. Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabsimus May/June 2001 Vol. 38, No.3, page no.s 131-135. Avinash Mahindrakar, Radhika Tandon, V. Menon, Pradeep Sharma, Sudershan Khokhar.
- Disseminated hydatid disease involving orbit, spleen, lung and liver. Ophthalmologica November 2002; 216:300-304. Betheria SM, Neelam Pushkar, Vidushi Sharma, Avinash Mahindrakar, Seema Kashyap
- Mitomycin C in restrictive strabismus. Reply to letter. Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabsimus Sept-Oct 2002; 39(5):260. Avinash Mahindrakar, Radhika Tandon, Pradeep Sharma, Vimla Menon.
- Dentigerous cyst in maxillary sinus – a rare cause of nasolacrimal duct obstruction. Orbit December 2003; 22 (4): 289-292. Bajaj MS, Avinash Mahindrakar, Neelam Pushker, Balasubramanya R.
- Advancement of Whitnall’s ligament via the conjunctival approach for correction of congenital ptosis. Orbit September 2004; 23 (3):153-9. Bajaj MS, Pushker N, Avinash Mahindrakar, Balasubramanya R.
- Pleomorphic adenoma of the lacrimal gland: a clinicopathological analysis.Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology October 2004; 32 (5):523-5. Sen S, Avinash Mahindrakar, Betharia SM, Bajaj MS, Kashyap S, Ghose S.
- Chabra MS. Orbital ectopic glial tissue in relation to medial rectus: a rare entity. Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology 2005 February; 33 (1): 67-69. Ghose S, Sen S, Balasubramaniam ST, Avinash Mahindrakar, Sharma V
Dr.P.SatyanarayanaDr.P.Satyanarayana, M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- He completed his graduation from Andhra Medical College – Visakhapatnam – 1976
- Post Graduation in Ophthalmology from Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada – Andhra University – 1982
Dr.P.Satyanarayana is an experienced doctor worked as Assistant Professor for two tenures from 1988 – 1994 & Nov 2006 – Oct 2008 and also as a Mobile Medical Officer in department of Ophthalmology – Rangaraya Medical College – Kakinada from 1995 to 2008.
Post retirement from the Government Health Department he worked as Associate Professor of Ophthalmology from Nov 2008 – October 2010 and Professor of Ophthalmology from Nov 2010 to April 2012 in Konaseema Institute of Medical Sciences – Amalapuram of East Godavari District. Apart from the above he served as Internal and External examiner to U.G and P.G students to N.T.R University (A.P) and M.G.R University – Tamilnadu
His publication has been published in Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences – New Delhi, a cases report of Tubercular Nodular Episclerits
Dr.K.Chandra Mohan, M.B.B.S., M.S., D.N.B., Fellowship in V.R.S Hospital, FRCS
Retina Specialist (Visiting Consultant)
- He completed his MBBS from NTR University of Health Sciences in 1996.
- Post Graduation (MS- Oph.) from Dr.MGR University of Health Sciences in 2001.
- DNB (Oph.) from National Board of Examination in 2002.
- Fellowship in V.R.S from Aravind Eye Hospital in 2001.
- FRCS from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- Surgical training course on the use of TOPCON OFFISS operating microscope conducted by Topcon Company at Fujita health University, Japan in 2004.
- Asst.Prof of Ophthalmology and Vitreo – Retinal Consultant, 2005 – 2009.
- Chief Medical Officer and Chief V.R Consultant, Sankara Eye Hospital, 2009-2011.
- Comparison of argon and diode laser in scatter photocoagulation treatment of fibrovascular PDR.
- Transpupillary thermotherapy (TTT) in treatment of choroidal neovascular membrane (CNVM) secondary to non-age related macular degeneration
- Transpupillary thermotherapy (TTT) in patients with choroidal neovascular membranes secondary to age related macular degeneration
- Hyperacuity perimetry in ARMD
- Intravitreal Triamcinolone in diabetic macular edema
- Intravitreal Triamcinolone in ARMD
- OCT in atypical leakage in CSCR
- Serum lipid profiles in Diabetic retinopathy patients with CSME and without CSME Prevalence of Diabetic retinopathy in a tertiary eye care center
- A study comparing the efficacy of Indigenous green laser with conventional green laser
- A study comparing the Clinical grading of Diabetic retinopathy with that of a grading software
- Chandra Mohan, K, Subburam, N & Natchiar, G, Horner’s Syndrome TNOA 1999: 40(4); 23-26
- Chandra Mohan K, Vidhya, Bipasha, Usha Kim, Orbital Secondaries from Thyroid – A Rare Presentation TNOA 2002; 43 (1):21-22
- Chandra Mohan K, Shukla Dhananjay, Namperumalsamy P, Kim R, Management of Age-Related Macular Degeneration” J INDIAN MED ASSOC 2003:101 (8) 471-476
- Shukla, Dhananjay , Singh Jatinder, Kolluru Chandra Mohan, Kim Ramasamy, Namperumalsamy Perumalsamy, Transpupillary Thermotherapy for Subfoveal Neovascularization Secondary to Group 2A Idiopathic Juxtafoveolar Telangiectasis AM. J. Oph 2004: 138 (1) 47-149
- Shukla Dhananjay, Mohan K Chandra, Rao Nageswara, Kim R, Namperumalsamy P, Cunningham Jr Emmett T , Posterior Scleritis causing Combined Central Retinal Artery and Vein Occlusion RETINA 2004: 24 (3) 467-469
- Shukla, Dhananjay, Kolluru Chandra Mohan, Singh Jatinder, John, Rajesh K, Soman Manoj, Gandhi Banushree, Kim R, Namperumalsamy Perumalsamy Macular Ischaemia as a Marker for Nephropathy in Diabetic Retinopathy” I J O 2004 : 52(3) 205-210
- Shah Parag K, Mamatha S R, Talwadkar Hrishekesh, Chandramohan K, Anil R, Shukla D, Manoj S, Morris Rodney J, Kim R, Namperumalsamy P, Anatomical and Visual Outcome of Paediatric Retinal Detachments following Primary Buckle Surgery TNOA 2004, 92-96
- Vedantham Vasumathy, Kolluru Chandramohan and Ramasamy Kim, Persistent Depot of Triamcinolone Acetonide after a Single Intravitreal Injection IJO 2005: 53 (1)65-66
- Vedantham V, Kolluru C and Ramasamy K, “Treatment of Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy with Transpupillary Thermotherapy: an interventional case report” EYE 2005:19(8) 915-917
- Editor-in Chief of a Text Book on “Retinal Vascular Disorders”, published by Academa Publishers, New Delhi in 2005
- Member off All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
- Member of Vitreo-Retinal Society of India (VRSI)
- Member of Tamil Nadu Ophthalmological Society (TNOA)
- Member of National Advisory Board, Novartis India
- Member of Andhra Pradesh Ophthalmic Association
Dr. Afsar SharmiliDr. Afsar Sharmili - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Katuri Medical College & Hospital, Guntur in 2010
- Completed MS from Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada in 2015
Dr. A. HimabinduDr. A. Himabindu - M.B.B.S., D.N.B., F.M.R.F., F.A.I.C.O. (Vitreo Retina)
- Completed MBBS from Guntur Medical College, Guntur in 2007
- Completed DNB from Narayana Nethralaya, Bangalore in 2011
- Completed Surgical Vitreo Retinal Fellowship from Sankar Nethralaya, Chennain in 2014
- She is a Trained Vitreo-retinal surgeon who manages diabetic retinopathy, age related macular degeneration, retinal detachment, endophthalmitis, uveitis related disorders
- Well trained in performing laser procedures, scleral buckling, vitrectomy, cryotherapy and intraocular injections
- She has presented her practice experience at various conferences (both local and international)
- Completed MBBS from ASRAM Medical College, Eluru in 2009
- Completed Primary DNB from Srikiran Institute of Ophthalmology, Kakinada in 2014
- Completed Long Term Cornea Fellowship from Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai in 2017
Dr. V. Hima Bindu - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Dr. Pinnamaneni Siddhartha Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Foundation, Gannavaram in 2009
- Completed MS from Guntur Medical College, Guntur in 2015
Dr. T. Santha Vijaya Lakshmi - M.B.B.S., D.O. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Pinnamaneni Siddartha Medical Sciences & Research, Gannavaram in 2010
- Completed DO from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam in 2014
- Completed IOL and Anterior Segment Fellowship in Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirunelveli in 2018
Dr. Rushali Khanna - MBBS, D.O., FPO (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Maimre, Agroha, Haryana in 2009.
- Completed D.O.M.S. from RIO, PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana in June, 2013.
- Completed one year Fellowship in Comprehensive Ophthalmology at Srikiran Institute of Ophthalmology, Kakinada in 2014
- Completed Longterm Paediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship from M.M. JOSHI Eye Institute, Hubli, Karnataka in 2015
- Worked as a consultant in Paediatric Ophthalmology from M.M. JOSHI Eye Institute, Hubli, Karnataka for two years 2016 & 2017
POSTER PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Two State Conference Publications
- Four National level Poster Presentations
- International level Poster Presentation in AAPOS Conference
Dr. P. Krishna Chaitanya - M.B.B.S., M.S., F.V.R.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from ASRAM Medical College in 2013
- Completed MS from KMC, Guntur in 2016
- Completed Lasers in Diabetic Retinopathy from Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai in 2017
Dr. E. Anupama - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Maharaja’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Vijayanagaram in 2011
- Completed MS from Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada in 2016
- Completed 1 year Senior Residency from AMC, Visakhapatnam in 2017
Dr. G.U.M. Vara Prasad - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from ASRAM Medical College, Eluru in 2013
- Completed MS from Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada in 2017
- Completed Six Months Senior Residency from Guntur Medical College in 2018
Dr. L. Venkatesh Reddy - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from NRI Medical College & General Hospital, Guntur in 2012
- Completed MS from Santhiram Medical College & General Hospital, Kurnool in 2018
Dr. D. Devi Bharathi - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Dr. Pinnamaneni Siddartha Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Foundation, Vijayawada in 2015
- Completed MS from Katuri Medical College and Hospital, Guntur in 2019
Dr. Dr. N. Venkata Bindu - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute, Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu in 2013
- Completed MS from Asram Medical College, Eluru in 2019
Dr. S. Guru Abhilash - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Government Medical College, Ananthapur in 2015
- Completed MS from RUIA Hospital, Tirupathi in 2019
Dr. K. Kavitha - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Navodaya Medical College, Raichur in 2013
- Completed MS from Santhi Ram Medical College, Nandhyal in 2018
Dr. Sindhuri G - M.B.B.S., D.O. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from G.S.L. Medical College, Rajahmundry in 2013
- Completed DO from Dr. Pinnamaneni Siddartha Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Foundation, Vijayawada in 2018
Dr. G. Pooja Pandya - M.B.B.S., (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences, Adani in 2015
Dr. B. Pavan Kumar - M.B.B.S., (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Konaseema Institute of Medical Sciences, Amalapuram in 2014
Dr. M. Bhavya Sree - M.B.B.S., (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Santhiram Medical College, Nandhyal in 201