How do choose any IoL?
- Determine how much you want to spend when it comes to iols the price can be a consideration
- Decide if you want rely on reading glasses
- If you have astigmatu consider a toric iol after doctors opinion
- Consider the life style you want after cataract surgery .
Which is the best IOL lens for cataract surgery?
The available different types of lenses are:
- Mono focal
- Premium IOLs like –trifocal multifocal toric iol.
Like life there is no single best answer your doctor will discuss with you the potential benefits of each of these lens to select one best suited for your life style and visual needs as well for your on petitions form cataract surgery
What are the lens choices for cataract surgery ?
There me many lenses available from different manufactured companies.
- Rigid iols : for mslcs.
- Foldable iols : mono focal.
- Premium iols : trifocal , muti focal , toric iols (Johnson&Johnson)
Which iol lens is best ?
- Determine how much you want spend
- Decide if you want to rely reading glasses
- If astigmatism consider a toric iol
- Consider the life style you want after cataract surgery finally discuses with your docter
Which is better mono focal or mutil-focal ?
Mono focal iols give good distance vision mutil-focal iols result is better near vision and greater spectacle independence but more un wanted visual phenomena such as glare and halos compared to mono focal iols .
What is a premium iol ?
It is a type of lens that comes with more features compared to singles vision over premium iols come with more advanced features they are more implicative.
Are multi focal lens worth it?
If you are a candidate for this surgery the benefits generally outweigh the associated risk multi focal iols can decrease your need for reading glasses or computer glasses after cataract surgery
How long do cataract lens last?
A cataract lens will last a life time and the vast majority of patients do not experience any complication with their lenses after cataract surgery.
Do cataract lenses ever need to be replaced?
Unlike the natural lenses of the eye iols do not break down and never need to be replaced to reap these long lasting benefits patients should follw any after instruction given by then doctor following surgery.
Are premium cataract lenses worth it?
Premium lenses not only treat cataract but also address vision impairment problems like near sightedness premium iols can even provide shaper vision at far distance this means you can reduce your dependence on glasses and contact lenses.